Contract Award Notice Details
Contractor Name Alstom Transport Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 68 165 157 451
Is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander owned business No
Street Address 16-20 Giffnock Avenue
Town/City Macquarie Park
Related RFT ID
Ultimate Parent Company: Alstom Holdings (347 951 238 RCS Bobigny) of 48 rue Albert Dhalenne - 93400 St Ouen-sur-Seine, France
$53,904,120.00 (A project to be undertaken)
Clause 15.3 - Extension of Time
Clause 15.6 – Compensation Event
Clause 29.5 – Set off
Schedule 7 – Clause 5 (Staged Delivery, New Sows & Variations)
Schedule 11 – Fee Adjustments & Pain / Gainshare
- Digital Engineering Services
- System Integration Testing (T&M)
Summary of the criteria against which the various tenders were assessed
• Demonstrates an effective delivery approach and program that is credible and ensures certainty in delivery.
• Proposed methodology meets the Program Objectives, demonstrates robust risk mitigation, and reflects a collaborative approach to coordinating the Works with the Program’s stakeholders and Other Contractors of the Digital Systems Program with the ability to respond to change.
• Demonstrates an effective approach to achieving successful delivery of the Contractor’s Activities with respect to safety, environmental, sustainability, community liaison, workforce development and industry participation.
• Demonstrates ability to successfully and collaboratively deliver the Works by providing an effective project organisational structure comprising Key People with the right capability and capacity.
Risk Adjusted Whole of Life Price
• The Proponent’s proposed whole of life price taking into account quantifiable relative difference in scope, commercial risks and impacts to TfNSW.
• Reasonableness of proposed qualifications and potential impact of those qualifications.
Technical Solution and Technology Roadmap
• Presents a technical solution that achieves the functionalities, interfaces, interdependencies, interoperability and operational benefits to meet the Program Objectives and is adaptable to network change.
• The Proponent’s Trackside solution reflects TfNSW’s future transport vision by delivering a roadmap that enhances future capabilities, interfaces with other systems and integrates TfNSW into a global system of users.
Through Life Support Solution
• The Proponent’s TLS methodology demonstrates a long term approach to successfully support the Trackside solution to achieve the performance outcomes as required by the specification, work collaboratively with Sydney Trains and enhance the future performance of the system.
• Demonstrates an effective approach to achieving successful TLS with respect to safety, environmental, sustainability, community liaison, workforce development and industry participation.
• The Proponent’s organisational arrangement and TLS organisational chart demonstrates the capability and effectiveness required to support the system over its life, including day-to-day support and longer term initiatives and research and development.
Agency Contact Project Information Officer, Infrastructure and Place, TfNSW
Email Address ProcurementTeamContractDisclosure@transport.nsw.gov.au
TfNSW Agreement has an original contract price of $49,003,746.17 (excl.GST). The disclosed contract value represents the contract price plus an additional 10% for GST. This value may be overstated if GST does not apply to all parts of the contract.
Risk in the construction phase for the Trackside subsystem is primarily tied to the Contractor meeting agreed criteria for several lump sum payment Milestones, with a cost/margin risk split between TfNSW and the Contractor for the preliminary design phase. Foreign exchange risk is with the Contractor for the duration of the Works.
During the Systems Integration Testing phase the Contractor will be remunerated on time and materials basis at an agreed schedule of rates.
Reasons for withholding this information are set out in the Redaction Schedule published on the TfNSW website with a redacted copy of the Contract. They include:
• section 32(1)(a) commercial-in-confidence provisions of a contract
• section 32(1)(c) public safety or security
• section 32(1)(d) overriding public interest against disclosure, such as:
- 3(a) personal information
- 3(b) Information Protection Principles (IPPs)
- 2 Responsible and effective government
- 4 Business interests
A general description of the information that has been redacted from the Contract is set out in the Redaction Schedule published on the TfNSW website with a redacted copy of the Contract. This includes: financial information, third party personal information, privacy principles, public safety or security and third party intellectual property.