The Climate and Atmospheric Science branch (CAS) of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) undertakes air quality monitoring throughout NSW. CAS collects, manages, and reports ambient air quality and meteorological data from more than 90 unmanned stations in the NSW air quality monitoring network.
The tender will be for a complete replacement of the current system including data acquisition, telemetry and data storage, validation, and reporting.
The objectives are to:
- Reproduce functionality of the current system but in a more robust, stable and flexible way.
- Enable future expansion of the network.
- Provide additional functionality for data management and manipulation by Atmospheric Science staff.
- Incorporate disparate streams of data other than traditional air quality monitoring (e.g. Internet of Things (IOT) type monitors).
- Make available means of providing wider and more flexible access to data, both to other users within DPIE and to external professional users and the general community.
- Ideally, the supplied system is principally commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) allowing for minor modifications if required.
Additional Details / Instructions
Tender Briefing - Non-Mandatory (Part A S5.3)
Industry briefing Q&A published - 8/12/20
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
ICT Services scheme - (Part A S1.2)
Respondents must be prequalified with advanced status under the NSW Government ICT Services Scheme to provide the following service categories M06 Web design and content management services including delivery "as a service"
Estimated Timeframe for Delivery
3 years + 2 x 1 year extension option
Multi Agency Access
Addendum 1 - Industry briefing and attachments
Addendum 2 - FAQs and change to close date
Please disregard the previous publication of Addendum 2. Please refer to Addendum 3
Addendum 4 - Q&As
Addendum 5 - Format change to document 'Part C Tenderer Response Worksheet'