Interested parties who submit a Registration must meet one of the following criteria:
• Category A: Contractors with experience, in the last five (5) years, in the construction and/or design of rail, roads and/or bridge projects with contract values exceeding $100 million and a minimum annual turnover of $500 million for the last financial year.
• Category B: Contractors with experience, in the last five (5) years, in the construction and/or design of rail, roads and/or bridge projects with contract values exceeding $50 million and a minimum annual turnover of $100 million for the last financial year.
• Category C: Design firms with relevant experience, in the last three (3) years, in contributing to the design for rail, roads and/or bridges projects with project values exceeding $50 million and who have had a minimum annual turnover of more than $10 million per annum for each of the last three (3) years.
• Category D: Contractors who are prequalified on the National Prequalification System for Civil (Road and Bridge) Construction Contracts at, as a minimum Categories R2 and B4, or who have achieved a turnover in construction contracting activities greater than $10 million per annum for each of the last three (3) years.
The purpose of this Market Engagement is to:
• inform the market of this exciting project opportunity;
• seek market's feedback on the proposed delivery strategy and procurement strategy;
• receive input from the market regarding what it perceives to be the key risks, mitigation strategies and opportunities;
• enable TfNSW to gauge the market’s interest and capacity in tendering for and delivering the project; and
• use the above input to finalise the delivery strategy and procurement strategy for the Project.
All interested parties who meet the above criteria and register before 11.00 AEST Tuesday, 27 September 2022 will be invited to the Industry Briefing (as Registrants), which will be held on Thursday, 29 September 2022 via video-conferencing.
Interested Parties are strongly encouraged to submit their Registration before the Industry Briefing, however, TfNSW will accept Registrations submitted any time before 13.00 AEST Monday, 10 October 2022 (the Closing Time and Date).
Further details on the Industry Briefing are contained in the Registration for Market Engagement document.
Subsequent to the Industry Briefing, all Category A and Category B entities will be invited to attend one-on-one meetings with TfNSW to provide further input from industry from mid-September to October.
TfNSW also encourages interested parties to register for the Market Engagement as consortia (including any Category C or D members in such consortia).
All Registrants will have the opportunity to provide feedback to TfNSW via submitting an (optional) written survey.
States and Territories: ACT, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
The Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2 Enabling Package includes the delivery of a public and active transport bridge and approaches between Wentworth Point and Melrose Park.
With construction expected to commence in 2024, it will be the first significant crossing over Parramatta River since the Ryde Bridge was completed in 1987. The bridge will provide a much needed active and public transport link to connect the growing communities north and south of the river, thus unlocking the Sydney Olympic Park peninsula and its world class sporting, recreational and economic facilities.
The bridge will require a 300 metre span over a bend in the Parramatta River to clear environmentally sensitive mangroves and provide underpass access for road and active transport to established recreational facilities.
A number of options for the light rail alignment and bridge types were developed and tested, with the preferred alignment running to the east of the existing 132kv Ausgrid transmission tower located at Ermington Boat Ramp.
The northern approach from Melrose Park spans the Parramatta Valley cycleway and maintains access to Ermington Boat Ramp. The southern approach will land west of Sekisui House’s Sanctuary development before turning east to Hill Road.
By staging the delivery of the Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2, and building a bridge over the Parramatta River and approaches first, the project team will be able to align the construction of this megaproject with market capacity.
Planning and development work continues for the remainder of the Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2 project, with the Environmental Impact Statement due to be released for public comment by the end of 2022.
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
TfNSW is seeking registration from industry to participate in the market engagement for the delivery of the bridge between Wentworth Point and Melrose Park. Details of the registration process and the market engagement are described in the attached Registration for Market Engagement document.
Interested parties are required to complete the registration process by completing and submitting the Confidentiality Deed Poll (Appendix 1) in addition to the following Returnable Schedules (Appendix 2) to the Registration for Market Engagement document attached to this eTendering invite:
- Returnable Schedule 1 – Registration Form
- Returnable Schedule 2 – Experience and Capability
- Returnable Schedule 3 – Interested Party’s Prequalification Status
The Returnable Schedules and the Confidentiality Deed Poll must be submitted via email to the PLRStage2.Pre-Contracts@transport.nsw.gov.au