The NSW Government is proposing to introduce an Electronic Ticketing System (ETS) for public transport in the Greater Sydney Region. The Request for Proposal (RFP) objective is to deliver a fast, convenient and sustainable Electronic Ticketing System for Greater Sydney.
The Guiding Principles for the development of the ETS are:
- proven – the ETS, specifically the technology, should be proven and successfully used in a comparable mass transit situation;
- vendor capacity – the selected Proponent should be able to demonstrate proven capacity in terms of resources (skills and financials) and capability
- minimal development – to ensure timely delivery of the ETS, the ETS should require minimal bespoke development;
- simplicity – the ETS should be simple for public transport users and Operators to understand and use;
- business driven – the ETS system requirements and operator business requirements will be aligned to ensure a timely delivery with reduced risk. This could potentially involve changes to current operating business rules;
- focus on migration – the ETS should focus on the smooth and orderly migration of Customers from existing systems;
- best-of-breed – the ETS should optimise proven best-of-breed components with minimal system integration risk;
- adaptable and scalable – the ETS design should allow for emerging technology to an Account-Based solution, use of open standards, an increase in Customers and broader use by other third parties; and
- phased implementation – implementation should be phased and run in parallel with existing systems with a focus on transition management.
Related Web Site Address
Additional Details / Instructions
The invited tenderers, short listed from a previous EOI process (PTTC0801 EOI) are:
- Pearl Consortium, 2/333 Adelaide Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
- Scheidt & Bachmann GmbH, Breite Strasse 132, Moenchengladbach 41238, Germany
On 5 June 2009 PTTC announced that the Glide Consortium [which had been short listed from the EOI process (PTTC0801 EOI)] would not be submitting an offer for the electronic ticketing system for the greater Sydney region.