Sydney Metro invites suitably qualified and experienced contractors to register their interest for the Sydney Metro West – Parramatta Enabling Works.
Sydney Metro is Australia’s biggest public transport program. Services on Stage 1 of the network between Rouse Hill and Chatswood started in May 2019 on this new stand-alone metro railway system, which is revolutionising the way Sydney travels.
Sydney Metro West is a new 24-kilometre metro line that would connect Greater Parramatta with the Sydney CBD. Stations have been confirmed at Westmead, Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park, North Strathfield, Burwood North, Five Dock, The Bays, Pyrmont and the Sydney CBD. Further planning is underway to determine the location of the Pyrmont and Sydney CBD stations.
This infrastructure project will double the rail capacity between Greater Parramatta and the Sydney CBD with a travel time target between the two centres of about 20 minutes
The Parramatta Enabling Works is a package of demolition, utilities relocation and civil enabling works that will be procured and delivered in advance of the Sydney Metro West - Western Tunneling Package (WTP) at the Parramatta Station site.
Sydney Metro will conduct an Industry Briefing on the Parramatta Enabling Works on Friday 5 February 2021 at 11:00AM AEDT.
Additional information is available on the Sydney Metro website at www.sydneymetro.info
As part of the overall Sydney Metro West program of works, Sydney Metro has developed packages of enabling works. The successful delivery of these enabling works packages allows for an overall reduction to the Sydney Metro West delivery program.
Sydney Metro is seeking to appoint a Contractor to deliver the following indicative scope of works:
· Demolition work consisting of:
- demolition of 13 buildings, a multi-level car park, and redundant substations to ‘slab on ground’ level;
- protection of properties adjacent to the site; and
- protection and retention of two heritage listed properties within the site.
· Utilities work consisting of:
- decommissioning and removal of five Endeavour Energy substations and installation of one new switching station;
- cut and cap of a Jemena gas pipe;
- decommissioning of all utility connections to buildings to be demolished;
- relocation of an Optus fibre optic cable; and
- heritage and archaeology investigations associated with utility relocations.
· Internal roadworks:
- construction of two public access roads; and
- heritage and archaeology investigations associated with roadworks.
Full details for the registration of interest for the Sydney Metro West – Parramatta Enabling Works is set out in the ‘Invitation to Submit a Registration of Interest’ document attached to this publication.
Refer to Additional Details / Instructions
Additional Details / Instructions
The registration for the Industry Briefing is independent to the process for submitting a ROI for the Parramatta Enabling Works.
Registrants are not required to have submitted a ROI for the Parramatta Enabling Works prior to registering to attend the Industry Briefing.
Attendance at the Industry Briefing is not mandatory in order to submit a ROI.
Location of work: Sydney Metropolitan Area
Address for Lodgement
ROI submissions are to be submitted electronically only, via email to Osmond.email@example.com
Conditions for Participation
To register for the Industry Briefing, interested parties must provide the following details by emailing Osmond.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00PM AEDT on Thursday 4 February 2021:
· Name of Interested Party;
· ABN (or equivalent) of Interested Party;
· Registered address of Interested Party;
· Nominated contact name;
· Phone number of nominated contact;
· Email number of nominated contact; and
· Name and email address for Industry Briefing attendees (maximum two individuals).
Following registration, meeting details for the Industry Briefing will be provided to the nominated contact via email.