Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has announced that it will commence the transition of Sydney’s bus fleet to zero emission buses (ZEBs) to support the NSW Government’s goal to reach net zero emissions by 2050. This will help TfNSW take advantage of the many benefits of zero emissions technology to improve the sustainability of transport in NSW, including reduced carbon emissions, operational cost savings, and better customer experience.
The objective of this RFEOI is to identify and enable trials of ZEBs across the Sydney/Outer Sydney metropolitan area, which can allow the cost-effective testing of these emerging technologies and their supporting infrastructure and services that help support a net zero outcome. TfNSW wishes to commence the development of the trials as soon as possible to gain learnings to support the ongoing transition to a ZEB fleet.
Refer to Additional Details / Instructions
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
- TfNSW will hold a live online industry briefing on 21 May 2020 to provide participants with further information on this RFEOI. The event will include a Q&A session where participants can ask questions to the panel. To register for the industry briefing, please follow this link https://tfnsw-zeb-rfeoi-industry-briefing.eventbrite.com.au
- TfNSW has set up an online collaboration portal for participants to share contact details, exchange ideas and facilitate partnerships in the development of proposals for this RFEOI. Click this link https://transportfornsw.crowdicity.com/ to create a profile to start sharing and meeting fellow collaborators. Content on the portal will be referred to at the industry briefing event.
- Service Locations: Metropolitan and outer metropolitan Sydney, NSW, Australia
Covered Procurement Details
- The Procurement (Enforceable Procurement Provisions) Direction 2019 applies to this procurement
- A government agency may conduct negotiations with suppliers regarding the procurement