The site is located at Lot 3 DP 1997, being part of 593 Taralga Rd, Goulburn. This proposal is for a new training facility located on the CIRT site at Goulburn between the CIRT House building and the Tom Lupton firing range, to modernise and improve training facilities to meet training needs of operational police.
The introduction of Active Armed Offender training in 2015 saw the implementation of a revised Operational Safety and Skills Mandatory Training model, and venues were established across the state to support training.
In accordance with the NSWPF Statement of Strategic Intent, NSWPF is undertaking significant investment in the development and upgrade of the integrated training venues and facilities, with new build project at Goulburn. This facility will support capability development, promote officer safety, and enable best practice policing through the delivery of educational services within contemporary training venue.
The CIRT building in Goulburn has been used for training by Tactical Operations Unit (TOU) and Public Order and Riot Squad (PORS) intermittently since 2000 with usage declining significantly with the establishment of a specialist training facility in Banksmeadow. There is now an opportunity for the facility to be expanded and usage to further support mandatory training, maximising the usage of the existing asset.
This project involves the construction of a new 1000 square metre training building with two (2) mat training rooms.
Downer has been engaged by Police Property Group (PPG) to deliver a facility compliant with the NCC and DDA, with a 4.5-star NABERS energy rating and a 4.0 NABERS water rating, and a design life of 20 years. The aim is to design a sustainable police training facility.
Description of the Services:
This document serves as an invitation to submit a fee proposal for the role of Principal Design Consultant for the initial feasibility phase of the CIRT Training Facility project.
The redevelopment of the site will require some land clearing and civil works. Engagement of the PDC will be under the standard NSW Police Consultancy Agreement.
The PDC is to provide all necessary resources to complete the design, design management, design co-ordination during feasibility phase of the above mentioned project in line with this document, the consultancy agreement and all relevant referenced documents.
The PDC, in collaboration with Downer and NSWPF, is to provide a feasibility report and site investigations sufficient to allow the engagement of a Design and Construct contractor to complete the works.
The Consultant is required to carry out tasks including, but not limited to:
- Full site survey to Australian Datum of the Lot 3;
- Site assessment and review options to determine optimum location and siting ofthe new facilit y on the lot. Noise from the existing firing range identified as problematic and will require review in terms of location of the new facility;
- Site assessment and review of amenity and meal area;
- Site assessment and review of location of carparking areas;
- Details for compaction and design of building pads for 2 tonne slab capacity;
- Investigation of electrical infrastructure on site, calculation of electrical loads and identification of any additional infrastructure or equipment requirements.
- Existing electrical service capacity will require review;
- Investigation of hydraulic and fire infrastructure on site. Existing water, sewer and stormwater capacity will require review;
- Assess condition of trees and larger vegetation on site and report any requirements to retain if required;
- Environmental assessment report including stage 1 PSI and stage 2 DSI reports
- Geotechnical assessment and report
- Documentation suitable to tender PDC services for this project
- Preliminary town planning services including planning approval pathway and CWC process to be confirmed.
The overall objective of this phase of the project is to provide the NSW police with accurate location and information of site and infrastructure to engage a design and construct contractor to complete the construction of this facility.
This must be achieved by certain milestone dates, to the budget allocated and to an acceptable quality.