Date 2 March 2017
Time: 14:00 to 16:00
Location: TBA, Sydney CBD – An Addendum will be issued once the location is finalised
In December 2016 the NSW Government announced that WaterNSW would build, operate and maintain a 270km pipeline from the River Murray near Wentworth to Broken Hill inclusive of associated infrastructure.
The intended completion for these works is December 2018.
The purpose of this briefing to industry is the update industry on the:
1. Project including its main features and areas that WaterNSW is seeking innovation from the market on
2. Proposed procurement strategy including high level commercial and contractual terms,
3. Pathway to contract award
4. Key dates
WaterNSW is Australia’s largest water supplier and NSW’s major supplier of raw water. We deliver water from our 42 large dams, pipelines, canals and the State’s rivers. We ensure that the water supplied is reliable and, where that water is to be used by end use customers for drinking, it meets relevant water quality standards.
WaterNSW plans infrastructure solutions for water supply security and reliability and then develops, operates and maintains that infrastructure. We also promote improvements in achievable water quality standards and contribute to the protection of public health and the environment through enhanced catchment protection practices, including water quality monitoring services in declared catchments.
Main Features of the Proposed Infrastructure
The proposed infrastructure Concept Design is still to be optimised but as at the date of this Industry Briefing, the main features of the “proposed” infrastructure is as follows:
- A river intake pump station at the River Murray;
- the pipeline alignment from the river intake site through the urban area of Wentworth to reach the Silver City Highway including underboring of the Darling River;
- the main pipeline alignment to be located within the Silver City Highway road reserve predominantly on the western side of the highway. The total pipeline length is approximately 270 km, which includes the urban areas of Broken Hill.;
- a Conditioning Plant within the Wentworth township;
- two pumping stations (TPS2 and TPS3) and associated balance tanks and photovoltaic power generation system to be located along the pipeline alignment adjacent to the Silver City
- Provision of HV power via new overhead power lines to each pumping station.
- the pipeline alignment through the urban area of Broken Hill to connect to the existing water treatment plant with a new balancing raw water storage at Block 10;
- two new pump stations, a low lift and high lift, constructed at the Stephens Creek Reservoir site;
- sections of existing pipelines at Stephens Creek Reservoir will require replacement ;
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
Open invitation for
BROKEN HILL PIPELINE - INDUSTRY BRIEFING (No response Required)