Transport for NSW (TfNSW) invites registrations to participate in a Market Interaction Process (MIP) for the Blackheath to Little Hartley Upgrade as part of the Great Western Highway Upgrade Program. Registrations are invited from:
- pre-qualified contractors under the National Prequalification Scheme of Financial level of F150 PLUS and category R5 (Roadworks); or
- organisations that are prequalified with TfNSW on its’ Comprehensive Technical Services Panel.
It should be noted that this MIP excludes:
- delivery strategy (including contract model selection) and commercial matters. TfNSW may implement additional MIPs later in 2022 on these matters;
- the Medlow Bath subsection within the East section of the Program – this subsection is currently in construction procurement;
- the Coxs River Road subsection within the West section of the Program – this subsection is currently in construction procurement; and
- the Katoomba to Blackheath (East section) and Little Hartley to Lithgow (West section), which are the subject of a separate MIP.
This MIP is intended to seek feedback from industry and has the following purpose:
- Test a number of technical and construction issues with the market to inform design development, constructability and the Environmental Impact Statement for the Blackheath to Little Hartley Upgrade.
- Provide TfNSW’s updated positions on industry feedback received from previous rounds of MIP.
- Receive updated industry feedback on the long tunnel design from Blackheath to Little Hartley and TfNSW’s envisaged construction methodology.
- Increase the industry’s awareness of key technical and constructability matters.
To achieve these objectives, TfNSW will request eligible registered participants to complete the following activities:
- Access the MIP Data Room for the purposes of reviewing project documentation.
- Attendance by invitation only to TfNSW facilitated interactive sessions in a confidential environment.
- Lodgement of submissions addressing TfNSW’s MIP questions.
To successfully register to participate in the MIP for the Blackheath to Little Hartley Upgrade as part of the GWHUP, organisations must follow the instructions outlined in the attached document titled “GWHUP – B2LHU - MIP Registration Document”, including, but not limited, to section 3.
TfNSW will accept receipt of registrations (completed Registration Form and executed Confidentiality and Disclaimer Deed Poll) until 2:30pm on 17 June 2022.
TfNSW may determine (in its absolute discretion) that it is appropriate to consider a late registration request.
Additional information on the GWHUP is available on the TfNSW website: nswroads.work/gwhd
Note to Participants: Electing to participate in any or all of the activities that form part of the MIP is completely optional and voluntary, and at participants’ cost and risk. Any industry partner that elects not to participate in the MIP will not be prevented or prejudiced from participating in any subsequent procurement process.
COVID-19: TfNSW will conduct the MIP in accordance with Australian and State government COVID-19 policies and procedures. The MIP may be conducted utilising electronic meeting tools with access codes and/or web links issued to registered and eligible industry partners as appropriate.
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details