The Western Harbour Tunnel (WHT) and Beaches Link (BL) Program (the “Program”) is a major transport infrastructure program that will make it easier, faster and safer to get around Sydney. It will deliver new strategic transport links for Greater Sydney, improve travel times for public transport, freight and road users and take pressure off some of the city’s most critical transport corridors. The Program is part of an integrated transport system designed to boost transport capacity around the Harbour CBD and improve connectivity to and from the Northern Beaches – two areas of importance to Greater Sydney’s future as a liveable, productive and sustainable global city.
The Project is the key piece of network integration for the Program. It enables the connection of the new WHT and BL motorways into the existing motorway network, ensuring the Program delivers its connectivity and safety benefits for public transport, freight and road users, while improving the travel experience. Once complete, the upgraded corridor will optimise demand across Sydney Harbour Tunnel, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Western Harbour Tunnel, enabling each to perform its intended function.
The Project scope for the approximate four-kilometre section of the Warringah Freeway corridor broadly includes:
- widening in various locations;
- provision for entrance/exit portals for WHT and BL between the Ernest Street and Miller Street overpasses;
- provision of a new southbound bus lane between the Miller Street overpass and the Sydney Harbour Bridge; and
- reconfiguration and remarking of lanes;
The Project is funded by the NSW Government and is expected to open to traffic in 2025 (subject to Planning Approval). The Project is being procured and delivered by TfNSW.
Additional information on the Project is available on the TfNSW website:
TfNSW is inviting suitably experienced and qualified organisations to pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the delivery of the Project.
To successfully pre-register interest to participate in the procurement process for the delivery of the Project, organisations:
1. must be, in TfNSW’s opinion, a bona fide contractor, consortium or service provider who can demonstrate its capability and experience to play a significant role in a consortium, or to act as a contractor in its own right, to deliver the Project;
2. must be a contractor who is prequalified with TfNSW under the National Prequalification System for Civil (Road and Bridge) Construction Contracts at the prequalification class of F150 PLUS (Financial) and R5 (Roadworks), or must demonstrate to TfNSW how it will obtain prequalification by the time of submission of its Expression of Interest. If registering as a consortium, at least one entity of the consortium must be prequalified to both R5 and F150 PLUS. For further details regarding prequalification refer to: www.rms.nsw.gov.au/business-industry/partners-suppliers/tenders-contracts/prequalification-scheme.html
3. must complete (to the satisfaction of TfNSW) the Pre-registration Form (included as Attachment 1 to the Pre-registration of Interest Document)
4. must execute (to the satisfaction of TfNSW) the Stage 1 Confidentiality and Disclaimer Deed Poll (included as Attachment 2 to the Pre-registration of Interest Document)
5. must return these documents to TfNSW, in accordance with the requirements outlined in the attached document titled “Pre-registration of Interest for the Warringah Freeway Upgrade”.
TfNSW will accept receipt of pre-registration documents (completed Pre-registration Form and executed Confidentiality Deed Poll) until 2:00pm on 24 July 2020.
TfNSW may determine (in its absolute discretion) that it is appropriate to consider a late registration request.
All Registrants must comply with the NSW Government Procurement Policy Framework (NSW Framework), NSW Government Supplier Code of Conduct (NSW Code) and New South Wales Industrial Relations Guidelines: Building and Construction Procurement (NSW Guidelines).
Copies of the NSW Framework and NSW Code are available at www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au.
The NSW Guidelines are available at www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au.
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
Pre-registrations of interest are to be submitted by email to WFU@transport.nsw.gov.au only.
No responses are to be submitted by eTender.