Tenders are invited from suitable qualified contractors for the adjustment and/or installation of new overhead Essential Energy assets. This work is required as part of the preliminary works for the Newell Highway Upgrade - Parkes Bypass.
Transport for NSW requires a suitability qualified, experienced level 1 Class 1A ASP to undertake the relocation of existing, and installation of new, infrastructure as detailed in endorsed Essential Energy project construction drawings.
This contract comprises the adjustment and/or installation of new overhead Essential Energy assets at two locations within the vicinity of the town of Parkes. These locations are Maguire Road (Northern Cross Connection Road) and Barkers Road (Southern Cross Connection Road).
The scope of work under this contract includes but is not limited to:
• Site investigation and familiarisation
• Site establishment and disestablishment
• Location and/or verification of any potentially conflicting underground or above ground services
• Supply and installation of electrical works including footing systems, poles, backfill and reinstatement, plant and equipment, temporary works, materials in accordance with certified Essential Energy contestable electrical reticulation drawing series
• Demolition, removal, and disposal of redundant electrical assets
• Supply of all permanent and temporary materials, labour, plant, equipment and resources etc. required to complete the works in accordance with Essential Energy and Transport for NSW certification
• Liaison with Essential Energy and all preparation works to fulfil model ASP1 and ASP2 connections, in accordance with Essential Energy endorsed network distribution drawings
• Testing and commissioning of Essential Energy assets
• Preparation and supply of Work as Executed (WAE) drawings
• Managing electrical outages in consultation with Essential Energy and adjoining industrial and residential customers
• Development of management systems and implementation during the work under the Contract
• Environmental protection
• Work health and safety
• Quality (including records and training)
• Contract program
• Control of traffic
• Community / Stakeholder Consultation
• Site preparation
• Utility management (e.g. Dial Before You Dig plans)
• Making good all disturbances
• Disposable of any waste materials to an authorised waste management centre.
All tenderers must comply with the NSW Government‘s Procurement Policy Framework (NSW Framework) and Code of Practice for Procurement (NSW Code). Copies of the
NSW Framework and NSW Code are available at www.buy.nsw.gov.au.