Sydney Trains is undertaking a two-stage procurement process for its rail profiling program. The first stage of the procurement process is an Expression Of Interest whereby Sydney Trains will be seeking responses from vendors that possess suitable capability, capacity and innovative (alternate) rail profiling (grinding) methodologies to enhance the effectiveness of the rail profiling program. Pricing will not be sought from vendors at this stage.
The high level scope of Rail Profiling Services for Stage 1- Expression of Interest includes –
· Complete service provision of plant/equipment and staff/personnel as part of the service provision
· All safeworking activities - all tasks and equipment required for the service provision
· All fire suppression and fire-fighting activities required to support the service provision, including in summer periods
· Mobilisation and demobilisation activities associated with rail profiling, including:
o Pre and post checks of the worksite;
o Taking necessary steps to protect the public (people and property) and all infrastructure from damage or harm;
o Recovery of profiling bi-product such as slag or swarf;
o Activities associated with profiling within tunnels, underground stations or enclosed spaces, such as management of air quality, and ensuring platforms are clean for use for the public.
· Live monitoring systems capable of recording pre and post rail attributes/condition(s) after each pass.
· Full turnout profiling service provision, including; closure rails, stock rails, switches and crossing noses.
· Defect removal – contract package dependent upon market interest from EOI stage.
ST Provided Services/Items
· Program/project management (oversight)
· Facilitate regular readiness meetings for upcoming works
· Stabling and maintenance facility - Chullora NSW. Note the facilities are quite limited.
Possible / Desirable Value Add Items
· Scope, stabling and access planning
· Works supervision and assurance activities
· Signal support activities (disconnect/reconnect signal equipment etc.)
· Track certification and self-assurance activities
Profiling scope pre-assessment and optimisation (i.e.; advanced/pre reconnaissance for more effective profiling output)
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
In order to gain access to the Request For Tender documents, Tenderers are required to register their interest by sending an email TSS.Bidder@transport.nsw.gov.au and include the following:
1) Event Title, 2) RFT ID , 3) Organisation Name, 4) ACN/ ABN, 5) Contact Name,
6) Organisation/Contact Postal Address, 7) Contact Email Address (preferably an email address with the contact person's name), 8) Contact Phone No
To gain access to the tender documents in Ariba over the internet once access is provided, please ensure that you are using Windows PC with web browser Internet Explorer Version 6, 7or above.