The project is the supply and placement of Ultra-high Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete (UHPFRC) for the Upgrade of Sydney Harbour Bridge Railway Deck Northern and Southern Approaches. The work is to be undertaken during the proposed closedown of North Shore line on the Sydney Harbour Bridge in January 2021.
The work is to install formwork, place precast panel bedding and place Ultra-high Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete as a joint filler; for the construction of a new precast railway deck on the South Approach and North Approach of the Sydney harbour Bridge. It also includes supply of all materials, and plant and equipment
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is a national icon and is internationally recognized as a symbol of modern Australia and its industrial and social maturity. Its design and technical achievement is considered to be of local, state, national and international significance.
The SHB comprises of ten lanes, two for rail and eight for road traffic, including a cycle way and a pedestrian walkway. Sydney Trains operates approximately 500 services across the Bridge each weekday, including 40 services per hour during peak periods (20 trains in each direction).
The Sydney Harbour Bridge Railway Deck Upgrade (SHBRDU) project will be undertaken in two stages. The Stage 1 work described by this RFT will upgrade the South Approach and North Approach of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in a closedown in January 2021. The works required but are not limited to include:
- constructing UHPFRC pedestals on precast concrete panels for rail plates
- supply and installation of formwork at the site
- placing precast panel bedding
- placing Ultra-high Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete as a joint filler in shear connectors pockets and between precast panels
- supply of all materials including formwork, bedding, and UHPFRC
- supply, operation and transportation of Plant and Equipment
- NATA accredited Testing
- quality assurance
Applicants interested in responding to the RFT are encouraged to register on NSW Government’s eTendering website.
Further information regarding supply of goods and services to NSW Government Agencies can be found on
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
Applicants are required to register their interest by sending an email TSS.Bidder@transport.nsw.gov.au and include the following:
1) Event Title, 2) Notice ID , 3) Organisation Name, 4) ACN/ ABN, 5) Contact Name,
6) Organisation/Contact Postal Address, 7) Contact Email Address (preferably an email address with the contact person's name), 8) Contact Phone No
To gain access to the tender documents in Ariba over the internet once access is provided; please ensure that you are using Windows PC with web browser:Google Chrome 54+ (64-bit), Microsoft Internet Explorer 7-11 (32-bit), Mozilla Firefox 24 or 27 (ESR), Safari 9+ (64-bit), Microsoft Edge (32-bit)