On 24 October 2019 the NSW Minister for Transport and Roads announced that the NSW Government will invite leading public transport operators, Australian and international, to bid for contracts for 13 of Sydney's bus contract regions over the next three years. This includes the three remaining regions operated by State Transit Authority (Regions 7, 8 and 9).
While final timings are still to be determined, it is currently proposed that Region 8 will go to tender in mid-June 2020, Region 7 in August 2020 and Region 9 in November 2020.
Before the tenders are released, Transport for NSW has now made available Virtual Data Rooms for prospective tenderers for Regions 7, 8 and 9. The material contained within each of the Data Rooms is designed to assist tenderers in conducting their due diligence for bidding on the contracts. The Data Rooms will also facilitate and manage responses to any queries or requests from prospective tenderers.
All requests for information or advice regarding the tender must be in writing to the Contact Officer via the Data Rooms.
Additional Details / Instructions
To access the Data Rooms for Contract 7, Contract 8 and Contract 9, potential tenderers need to:
- Sign and return a Tenderer Organisation Confidentiality Deed Poll;
- Nominate at least one individual (being an employee, officer, agent, advisor or consultant of the Tenderer) who must also sign and return a Representative Confidentiality Deed Poll and confirm the email address he/she will be using to access the Data; and
- Provide a statement confirming that the tenderer organisation intends to participate as a tenderer for one or more service contracts which also:
- provides sufficient information, including its experience in operating public transport services, to enable Transport for NSW to establish that it is a bona fide tenderer;
- provides details of any joint venture or consortium and nominates the lead organisation;
- acknowledges that related companies, consultants, contractors, financiers and advisors must access information through the tenderer organisation;
- confirms the Bidder Main Contacts (up to 2 individuals to oversee the Q&A process for their bid team) as required in the Data Room Protocol; and
- confirms which of the three Contract Data Room(s) it requires access for.
The Confidentiality Deed Polls and the Data Room Protocol can be downloaded below.
Signed Confidentiality Deed Polls must be returned to Transport for NSW at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transport for NSW reserves the right to provide access to the Data Rooms to bona fide tenderers only (as determined by TfNSW).
Once a user has been verified as a bone fide tenderer, they will receive a username and password as soon as practicable.
Address for Lodgement
Signed Confidentiality Deed Polls must be returned to Transport for NSW at email@example.com
Conditions for Participation
To access the Data Rooms for Contract 7, Contract 8 and Contract 9, potential tenderers need to comply with the requirements for completion of the Confidential Deed Polls and satisfy TfNSW that it is a bona fide tenderer.