The Department of Planning and Environment (DP&E) is seeking to identify suppliers (or potentially a consortium of suppliers) with the necessary information and communication technology (ICT) skills and expertise to develop and deliver the NSW Planning Portal (the Portal) and to provide post-implementation managed services for the Planning Portal.
The purpose of the Portal is to allow the community, industry and State and local government agencies to access planning information through intuitive formats, visualisation tools, reporting, lodgement and tracking functionality and to engage with each other through the Portal. The Project will require:
- The design and implementation of an extensive, high volume, highly responsive and secure Portal;
- The design and implementation of a Geographic Information System (GIS) solution and its integration into the Portal;
- Workflow tracking, auditing and retention of changes to any of the planning datasets (including GIS);
- Monitoring, reporting and integration of support / help desk functions through managed services;
- Managed services to operate and maintain each release and future enhancements;
- Integration into the NSW Planning Database and existing Departmental applications; and
- Integration with external government services.
The objective of the EOI is to alert potential suppliers to this project opportunity and the NSW Government’s procurement policy requirements that interested organisations must be registered on the “Advanced Register Supplier List” under the NSW Government’s ICT Services Prequalification Scheme to be able to participate in DP&E’s procurement process for the Project.
Further details of the Scheme and the process for applying for registration on the “Advanced Register Supplier List” may be accessed at https://www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au/before-you-buy/prequalification-schemes-0/ict-services
It is anticipated that following evaluation of EOI’s a Request for Quotation (RFQ) may be released by DP&E in August 2014. As part of the Request for Quotation respondents will be required to develop a Proof of Concept (POC).
States and Territories: ACT, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
Applicants must be registered on the “Advanced Register Supplier List” under the NSW Government’s ICT Services Prequalification Scheme to be able to participate in DP&E’s procurement process for the Project.