NSW Planning has kicked off a series of ambitious projects as a part of the Planning for Growth NPP Program, with a focus on ensuring access to safe, secure, affordable housing. By enabling streamlined planning services for councils and providing investment certainty to housing developers, the program will benefit communities in metropolitan and regional areas, by providing more homes for rent and sale.
Objective and Purpose of Environment and Amenity Studies Panel:
The purpose of this panel arrangement is to support the department in delivering place strategies, site rezoning and home site approvals for the Planning for Growth NPP Program by establishing a panel of prequalified contractors to carry out planning-related technical services, centred around environmental studies and heritage assessments. This panel arrangement will consist of a suitable number of suppliers per the following fields:
• Air related assessment
• Amenity assessment (including noise, vibration, odour and/or visual amenity)
• Ground conditions and contamination assessment
• Bushfire study
• Flooding, stormwater and water management
• Ecology and biodiversity assessment
• Indigenous Heritage Assessment
• Non-Indigenous Heritage Assessment
Any of the above technical assessment is intended to be undertaken and signed off by a suitably qualified professional(s) with the necessary experience and expertise to undertake the required works. This panel compliments already existing panel and scheme arrangements. Organisations already sitting on existing panels and schemes still need to apply to become a qualified supplier on this panel.
States and Territories: ACT, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Covered Procurement Details
- The Procurement (Enforceable Procurement Provisions) Direction 2019 applies to this procurement
- A government agency may conduct negotiations with suppliers regarding the procurement