Interested parties who submit a Registration must meet one of the following criteria:
- Category A: Contractors with experience, in the last five (5) years, in the construction and/or design of rail, road and/or bridge projects with contract values exceeding $100 million and a minimum annual turnover of $100 million for the last financial year.
- Category B: Contractors with experience, in the last five (5) years, in the construction and/or design of rail, road and/or bridge projects with contract values exceeding $50 millsion and a minimum annual turnover of $50 million for the last financial year.
- Category C: Design firms with relevant experience, in the last three (3) years, in contributing to the design for rail, road and/or bridge projects with project values exceeding $50 million per annum for each of the last three (3) years.
The purpose of this Market Interaction is to:
- inform and broadly engage early with the market about this exciting opportunity with TfNSW;
- seek market input to inform the finalisation of a Delivery Strategy and the Procurement Strategy for the Project, and to ensure that they are appropriately designed for the market to achieve Project objectives;
- gain insights into any potential market issues, constraints and opportunities;
- listen to ideas, capture market expertise and input on commercial risk allocation; and
- gauge interest levels of potential contracting organisations of all tiers in participating in the upcoming tendering opportunity.
All interested parties who meet the above criteria and register before 3.00pm AEDT Tuesday, 6 February 2024 will be invited to the Industry Briefing (as Registrants), which will be held on Thursday, 8 February 2024 via video-conferencing.
Interested parties are strongly encouraged to submit their Registration before the Industry Briefing, however, TfNSW will accept Registrations submitted any time before 1.00pm AEDT Friday, 9 February 2024 (the Closing Time and Date).
Further details on the Industry Briefing are contained in the Registration for Market Interaction document.
All Registrants will have the opportunity to provide TfNSW via submitting an (optional) written survey due by 1.00pm AEDT Wednesday, 21 February 2024.
Subsequent to the Industry Briefing and written survey, entities may be invited to attend one-on-one meetings with TfNSW to provide further input industry from Wednesday, 28 February 2024.
TfNSW also encourages interested parties to register for the Market Interaction as consortia (including any Category C members in such consortia).
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details.
This Market Interaction Process is not part of any Procurement Process for the Project. TfNSW and the State reserve the right to alter or amend any process, stated or implied within this document, at any time. Participants in the Market Interaction Process should not consider that their responses or participation would be in any way used for evaluation purposes in any future Procurement Process.
Additional Details / Instructions
The Epping Bridge Project is needed to support the Epping Town Centre Urban Activation by increasing road capacity for future growth and renewal. The project will provide a well-designed infrastructure element that makes a positive contribution to the Epping Town Centre. The project aligns with future road and rail plans and primarily the planned fourth rail track at Epping Station.
The project is contributing to the performance focus of developing a strong economy by improving traffic flows across the Bridge and enabling the efficient transport of goods and people delivering services. In addition, the project is supporting the focus of creating the metropolitan 30 minute city by improving active transport links to and across the Epping Town Centre, including access to Epping Station and Metro Station. The project is expected to improve the safety of the road network in the locality through greater separation of the road and active transport traffic.
The new bridge will:
- improve safety and reduce traffic congestion across the Epping Road Bridge;
- improve pedestrian and cyclist safety by providing a wider and protected footpath;
- improve access to the town centre for the local community, road users and businesses;
- increase westbound lane capacity through the Epping Town Centre;
- provide for future cycle and pedestrian connectivity through the Epping Town centre; and
- provide a ‘no regrets’ investment that aligns with future road and rail plans.
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
TfNSW is seeking registration from industry to participate in the Market Interaction for the delivery Epping Bridge Project - Main Works. Details of the registration process and the Market Interaction are described in the attached Registration for Market Interaction document.
Interested parties are required to complete the registration process by completing and submitting the Confidentiality Deed Poll in addition to the following returnable schedules to the Registration for Market Interaction document attached to this eTendering invite:
- Returnable Schedule 1 - Registration Form
- Returnable Schedule 2 - Experience and Capability
The Returnable Schedules and the Confidentiality Deed Poll must be submitted via email to RSW.Procurement@transport.nsw.gov.au by 1.00pm AEDT Friday, 9 February 2024.