NSW Health is seeking applications from NSW sporting bodies for grants under two streams, for a total of $2.8 million to assist those bodies to deliver mental health and wellbeing projects.
Two types of grants will be available:
A. Fast track – up to $30,000
B. Standard - from $30,001 to $150,000.
The grants will be available across all areas of NSW. Sporting bodies can deliver projects that support the general population or specific priority population groups including Aboriginal people, LGBTQI+ people, cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) people and individuals with coexisting Alcohol and Other Drugs and mental health issues.
NSW sporting bodies of all sizes are encouraged to apply for projects that will make a positive difference in mental health and wellbeing for their members and community.
Funding can be used to:
• expand an existing mental health, resilience or wellbeing project
• introduce a new mental health, resilience or wellbeing project
• team up with a mental health or wellbeing service provider, or appropriate priority population provider to deliver a mental health or wellbeing project
• support local member clubs to run community mental health and wellbeing events.
Grants will be available to all NSW Regions as listed below:
Metro North Region
• Auburn, Baulkham Hills, Blacktown, Holroyd, Parramatta
• Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Penrith
3. Northern Sydney
• Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Manly, Mosman, North, Sydney, Pittwater, Ryde, Warringah, Willoughby
Metro South Region
4. Inner West
• Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield
5. South East Sydney
• Botany Bay, Hurstville, Kogarah, Randwick, Rockdale, Sutherland Shire, Sydney, Waverley, Woollahra
6. South West Sydney
• Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly
7. Central Coast
• Gosford, Wyong
• Cessnock, Dungog, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Singleton, Upper Hunter Shire
9. Central West
• Bathurst Regional, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes, Weddin
10. Orana / Far West
• Balranald, Bogan, Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Central Darling, Cobar, Coonamble, Dubbo, Gilgandra, Mid-Western Regional, Narromine, Walgett, Warren, Warrumbungle Shire, Wellington, Wentworth, Unincorporated NSW(Far West)
• Albury, Berrigan, Bland, Carrathool, Conargo, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Corowa Shire, Deniliquin, Greater Hume Shire, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Jerilderie, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Murray, Murrumbidgee, Narrandera, Temora, Tumbarumba, Tumut Shire, Urana, Wagga Wagga, Wakool
12. Far North Coast
• Ballina, Byron, Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond Valley, Tweed
13. Mid North Coast
• Bellingen, Coffs Harbour, Gloucester, Great Lakes, Greater Taree, Hastings, Kempsey, Nambucca, Unincorporated NSW (Lord Howe Island)
14. New England
• Armidale Dumaresq, Glen Innes Severn, Gunnedah, Guyra, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Moree Plains, Narrabri, Tamworth Regional, Tenterfield, Uralla, Walcha
• Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wollongong
16. Southern Highlands
• Bega Valley, Bombala, Boorowa, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn Mulwaree, Harden, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan, Yass Valley, Young