The Acoustic Bearing Monitor (ABM) monitors the acoustic signature of each axle bearing passing the system at line speed which is used to detect problem bearings, months in advance of any heat generation due to defect. Sydney Trains has a single ABM site at Kingswood that has been operational since 2007.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade the End of Life 1st Gen ABM system in Sydney Trains network to a 2nd Gen ABM system to continue deriving system benefits and ensure that the ABM systems are maintainable, available and reliable.
The services and products to be provided by the Contractor are as follows:
• Engineering design services
• Supply of 2nd Gen ABM system hardware components
• Software services and configuration of 2nd Gen ABM system
• Test of 2nd Gen ABM system
• Installation of 2nd Gen ABM system
• Test and validation support of 2nd Gen ABM system.
The form of contracts for the execution is the document are:
• Goods and or Services Contract
• Standing Offer Deed
• Maintenance Services Contract and
• Appendix to Sydney Trains Contracts
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
In order to gain access to the Request For Tender documents, Tenderers are required to register their interest by sending an email to TSS.Bidder@transport.nsw.gov.auand include the following information:
1) Event Title, 2) RFT ID , 3) Organisation Name, 4) ACN/ ABN, 5) Contact Name, 6) Organisation/Contact Postal Address, 7) Contact Email Address (preferably an email address with the contact person's name), 8) Contact Phone No
To gain access to the tender documents in Ariba over the internet once access is provided, please ensure that you are use one of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome 54+ (64 –bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7-11(32-bit)
- Mozilla Firefox 24 or 27(ESR)
- Safari 9+ (64-bit)
- Microsoft Edge (32-bit)
Please ensure you read and comply with perquisites before you will be granted access to the RFT. Participants are required to download, execute and attach the Process and Confidentiality Deed Poll in order to gain access to the tender content.
The executed Deed Poll will be reviewed by Sydney Trains prior to access being provided.