The Sydney Gateway road project (the “Project”) is a NSW Government initiative to improve road and freight rail transport to and from Sydney Airport and Port Botany. These international gateways are projected to grow significantly over the next 20 years. Efficient transport in and out of these ports is critical to the economic growth and prosperity of Sydney, NSW and Australia.
Sydney Gateway, as part of an integrated transport network, will increase capacity and improve connections to the airport and the port to assist with growth in passenger, freight and commuter traffic movements across the region. It will strengthen Sydney’s position as a global city and expand and improve the existing road and freight rail networks to keep Sydney moving and growing. Sydney Gateway comprises a road component and a rail component.
The Sydney Gateway road project comprises two separate, but interrelated works packages:
• Stage 1 - International Terminal and Qantas Drive connection – a new high capacity road connection, linking the Sydney motorway network at St Peters Interchange with Sydney Airport’s International Terminal and Qantas Drive.
• Stage 3 - Domestic Terminals access – an arterial road connection and flyover to Sydney Airport’s Domestic Terminals. This includes improvements to existing roads, to relieve congestion and improve connectivity to Sydney Airport Domestic Terminals and towards Port Botany.
The Project is expected to open to traffic late 2023 (subject to Planning Approval). The Project is being procured and delivered by Roads and Maritime Services.
Additional information on the Project is available on the Roads and Maritime website at rms.nsw.gov.au/sydneygateway
Roads and Maritime is inviting suitably experienced and qualified organisations to pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the design and construction of the Project.
To successfully pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the Project, organisations:
1. must be, in Roads and Maritime's opinion, a bona fide contractor, consortium or service provider who can demonstrate its capability and experience to play a significant role in a consortium, or to act as a contractor in its own right, to design and construct, and/or operate and maintain, the Project;
2. which are pre-registering for the design and construction of the Project, must be prequalified with Roads and Maritime under the National Prequalification System for Civil (Road and Bridge) Construction Contracts, at the prequalification class of F150 PLUS (Financial). For further details regarding prequalification refer to https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/business-industry/partners-suppliers/tenders-contracts/prequalification-scheme.html;
3. must complete (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Pre-registration and Qualification Process Application (included as Attachment 2 to the Pre-registration of Interest document);
4. execute (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Confidentiality and Disclaimer Deed Poll (included as Attachment 3 to the Pre-registration of Interest document); and
5. must return these documents to Roads and Maritime, in accordance with the requirements outlined in the attached document titled “Sydney Gateway Pre-registration and qualification process”.
Roads and Maritime anticipates that the invitation to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Project will be made available to successful Registrants during Qtr 3 2019. The Request for Tender (RFT) for the Project is anticipated to be released to shortlisted EOI Applicants during Qtr 4 2019.
All tenderers must comply with the New South Wales Government's Code of Practice for Procurement (NSW Code) and the New South Wales Government's Implementation Guidelines to the New South Wales Code of Practice for Procurement: Building and Construction Industry (NSW Guidelines). Copies of the NSW Code and NSW Guidelines are available at www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au and www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au respectively.
This PROI opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details